The holiday season is right around the corner! You know what that means… it’s time for sharing, gift-giving, and frenzied shopping! Despite all the fun, we know that the holidays can take a huge toll on our wallets.
For our Canadian clients, we wanted to share this easy way to get an extra $50 to spend.
You have probably heard of ING DIRECT by now: they tout themselves as “not like a typical bank” because they have no branches, and therefore can offer more free services and higher interest rates. It has recently been acquired by Scotiabank.
From now until December 31, 2013, ING DIRECT is offering a $50 bonus when you sign up for a free Investment Savings account. These are the steps that you need to follow:
2) Under Investment Savings Account, click “Enroll now!” to open an account.
3) Fill in your information.
4) At Orange Key, enter the promo code: 14219857S1. Don’t forget this step, this will give you your $50 bonus!
5) Continue following the steps to complete the registration process.
6) Next, write a cheque of $100 or more made out to your name. Mail the cheque to the ING DIRECT headquarters. When ING receives your cheque, they’ll deposit that amount into your new Investment Savings Account. In addition, they’ll gift you with a $50 bonus!
ING uses that cheque to link your current chequing account with your new ING account for making future transactions. The original bank account that you used to write your cheque will be regarded by ING DIRECT as your major bank account. You can transfer money to and from your major bank account and your ING DIRECT account online, without any service charges.
This whole process should take you less than 10 minutes, and you’ll come out $50 richer!
Spread the love! If you have your own holiday money saving tips to share, leave it in the comments.