DropUpLoad is a tiny, easy-to-use file upload application. Unlike other FTP clients,
- You can install and run DropUpLoad from a USB flash device. The application is only 300kb.
- You can create a “locked” version that limits connections to a particular server and encrypts all login information.
In other words, if you need to upload files whenever and wherever, or if you need to give another person access to your FTP but do not want to give out your Doteasy Member ID and password, you should give DropUpLoad a try.
FTP from a USB Flash Device
- Download DropUpLoad.
- Copy the entire DropUpLoad folder onto the flash device and start DropUpLoad from the flash device.
- Click on the New button to add a new server profile.
- Enter the following on the Server settings window:
- Server name: YourDomain.com
- Server Address:
- $0 Hosting = ftp://ftp.yourdomain.com
- Ultra/Unlimited Hosting = ftp://ftp.yourdomain.com/mainwebsite_html
- Login: your Member ID
- Password: your Doteasy account password
*NOTE* If you need to upload files to a particular folder on your server, you will need to include the directory name in the server address field. For example,
- $0 Hosting – ftp://ftp.yourdomain.com/folder
- Ultra/Unlimited Hosting – ftp://ftp.yourdomain.com/mainwebsite_html/folder
- When you are ready, click on the OK button.
- Next, just drag and drop your files in the Drop here the files to upload box.
And that’s all you need to do, there is no further buttons to click to upload your files to the server.
- Click on the ? button.
- Click on the Generate a locked version of DropUpLoad button.