Your online store looks sleek, cool, and unique – but you’re still not getting the sales you were hoping for! There might be a chance that your amazing website might be unwittingly driving customers away. Here are some common mistakes that you should be aware of:
Confusing and Disorganized Design
While your site might look fancy, make sure visitors aren’t getting lost on your site. Can they find what they’re looking for? Some options:
- Organize similar products in the same categories.
- Have a search bar for customers to use key words to find what they want.
- Consider offering “suggestions” for similar or compatible products below a product description.
Can visitors find the shopping cart?
- Make sure the shopping cart button is on every page of your eCommerce store – bonus points if it’s in the same position on every page.
- Have a strong call to action (such as “Add to Cart”) under each product description.
Not Gaining Trust
The idea of online shopping is no longer a foreign concept, but it’s still important to make sure your store looks like a website that visitors can trust. With the possibility of fraud and other scams on the web, you need to give your customers reassurance that your store is the real deal. Some ideas:
- Have a professional web design and high quality images to showcase your products. If you’re looking for a makeover for your eCommerce website, give us a shout. Our Web Design package is only at US$695 which includes 5 web pages and one-on-one design consultation. Check out our design portfolio and the package details by clicking here!
- List contact information – such as a phone number and base address – so that visitors know that your company physically exists.
- Give opportunity for reviews. For example, letting others comment on your products increases your site’s credibility. It also allows you to keep a dialogue between you and your visitors.
- Include an “About Us” page. This adds a personal touch to your site and allows visitors to put a face to your company.
No Reason to Buy
What does your site offer that others don’t? The few downsides to online shopping – such as shipping costs, credibility risks, and not having the opportunity to look at the physical products before you buy – need to be overcome by the strengths of your store.
Do you have an amazing return policy? Do you offer free shipping? Are your products unique and exclusive to your store? Know your strengths and expand upon them.
Do you have any other tips you’d like to share? We’d love to hear them. Give us a shout in the comments.