Benefits of WordPress.org
- You can upload any theme and plugin you want
- You can run ads as you wish on your website (ie. selling ad space on your blog)
- You have complete control to change the code of your blog
- The cost of self-hosting is less than upgrading your free WP.com to the premium plan
- You will need a web host that offers FTP, PHP and MySQL support
- You are responsible for stopping spam (although it can easily be done using the free Askimet plugin)
- You must upgrade the software manually and you have to manage backups yourself
How to install WordPress.org software on your Doteasy hosting account? I don’t have programming or scripting experience!
Don’t worry, we offer a one-step WordPress installation that eliminates all the database creation and file configuration procedures.
*NOTE: In order to run the WordPress.org software on your Doteasy account, you will need to be on the Unlimited Hosting plan – you need PHP and MySQL support to run the blog application.
- Login to your account cPanel (you can do this via the “Site Admin Panel” link in your Member Zone)
- Under “Doteasy Softaculous Apps Installer”, select “WordPress”
- Select “Install”
- Specify the directory you wish to install WordPress and provide the admin login details for this new blog.
- When ready, click on the “Install WordPress” button.
WordPress.org is ideal for…
WordPress.org offers more freedom and flexibility for bloggers as there are no restrictions on blog monetization, code and theme customization, plug-in installation, etc.