I am ready to move from WordPress.com to WordPress.org, can you help me?
First of all, you will need to make sure you are subscribed to the Doteasy Unlimited Hosting plan – you will need PHP and MySQL support on your account to run the WordPress software on your account.
Then, once your Doteasy Ultra/Unlimited Hosting account has been activated, login to your Member Zone and click on the “Site Admin Panel” link – this will log you into your account admin panel for the one-click WordPress installation via Softaculous.
Once your WordPress software has been installed:
- Login to your WordPress.com account and select TOOLS – EXPORT from the menu on the left side. The export tool will compile your posts, pages, comments, categories and tags. This information is placed into a WXR file, or WordPress Extended RSS file.
- Once you’re finished, click on the Download Export File button to save it onto your computer.
- Then, login to your WordPress.org account admin panel (ie. http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin if you have installed in the root directory of your Doteasy hosting account)
- Next, click on TOOLS – IMPORT from the menu on the left. From the list of blogging systems, click on WordPress.
- Next, click on the Browse button and locate the WXR file you downloaded earlier. This will upload the file into your WordPress.org blog and will unpack all of the data contained in the file.
*Note: If your WXR file is large, you might want to contact us first to increase your account’s upload file size limit.
And if you ever have any questions, you can always contact us for assistance.