WordPress is one of the more popular blog platforms out there and one thing I love about WordPress is the many widgets available: Akismet, Flickr, etc.
However, WordPress requires PHP and MySQL capability, which are not supported on the $0 Hosting account. But if you want to use WordPress and you do not want to upgrade your Doteasy hosting account, there are a few ways of doing so.
One way is to map your domain to your WordPress.com blog. Note that this option requires you to purchase credits from WordPress and you have to change your domain DNS to ns1.wordpress.com and ns2.wordpress.com.
Another way (a free and hassle-free way) is to use the free domain forwarding function on your Doteasy web hosting account to redirect your URL to your WordPress.com blog.
1. Signup for a free blog at www.wordpress.com. Your blog address will be yourname.wordpress.com
2. After you have setup your blog, login to your Doteasy Member Zone and click on the Setup Domain Forward function under the “Domain” section.
3. On the “Domain Forwarding” page,
a) Domain Forwarding: Select Enable
b) Destination URL: enter the URL of your WordPress.com blog (ie. yourname.wordpress.com)
c) Mask Option: this option allows you to display either your domain URL (ie. www.yourdomain.com) or the destination URL (ie. yourname.wordpress.com).
d) Website Title: enter the title of your website.
4. When you are ready, click on the Save Change button.
After you have setup domain forwarding, your visitors going to www.yourdomain.com will be redirected to yourname.wordpress.com.
- You get to enjoy the powerful features of WordPress
- You don’t have to upgrade your Doteasy hosting account or purchase any WordPress.com credits
- You don’t need to install the script or configure any database. Everything is done for you by WordPress.com
- The Domain Forwarding function is free and you can disable the setting or modify it in your Doteasy Member Zone