WordPress and Drupal have both recently released their latest security updates. There were vulnerabilities found in these two platforms. The vulnerabilities are due to DoS (denial of service) on the PHP XML parser. This issue can cause sites’ database to reach the maximum number of open connections. Hence, the affected sites will experience temporarily downtime. For those of you who run your websites on either WordPress or Drupal, please perform a full site backup and update your sites ASAP. For more info, you can check out the updates here:
Archive for the ‘Scripting’ category
Have you ever visited an online store and felt like you were waiting for an eternity for the images to load?
For your own website, it’s crucial that you minimize your initial loading times so that impatient visitors don’t leave your site. While you can increase storage space, bandwidth, and RAM, that sometimes might not be enough. How fast your hard drive can actually access its memory can be the key to increasing your website speed.
What is SSD Hosting?
SSD stands for Solid State Drive, and it’s the “next-generation” alternative to HDDs, or “Hard Disk Drives” for storage. The best way to understand how Solid State Drives work would be compare how it DOESN’T work like a traditional Hard Disk Drive.
Hard Disk Drives store information on rotating disks. When a visitor enters a website, a moving arm with a “read and write head” is used to access the data stored in the disks. The reason why visitors would see a delay when the webpage is loading is because it takes time to move the head to access information.
On the other hand, a Solid State Drive has no mechanical moving parts, and instead uses microchips. What this means is that SSDs can read and write data almost instantly, so initial load times of your website will be significantly faster than with HDD storage. Other handy benefits include more reliability and stability of performance because of the sturdier construction.
Is SSD hosting right for you?
SSD hosting is moving towards becoming the new industry standard because of its efficiency, reliability, and speed. However, one factor you may need to consider before making the switch is the price tag. SSD hosting is traditionally more expensive than hosting with other storage methods.
However, if your website is heavy in graphics, content, or database-heavy applications, it would be well worth the investment to switch to SSDs. Imagine one of your potential customers at the checkout of your online store, waiting to see if the transaction went through. The last thing you want is a confused customer that thinks your site is unreliable or difficult to use. It would be valuable to have quick load times to make sure your visitors are relaxed, happy, and willing to stay on your site!
Another factor to consider would be that typically, SSD hosting plans will have a cap on storage space because storage is more costly with SSD hosting. Because of this, consider how much storage space you’ll actually use. If you don’t think you’ll exceed the given cap limit, don’t compromise your speed and performance for storage space that you don’t need.
SSD hosting is becoming more popular but is currently offered only as a premium service by most hosting providers. Right now at Doteasy, we want our clients to be able to experience the high performance of SSD hosting without having to take a blow to their wallets. The future is moving towards SSD hosting, so why not get ahead of the game? We’re offering complete SSD hosting for our shared hosting plans at only $4.95/month for the first year (with renewal rates as low as $10.95/month only). If you have any questions, we’re here to answer them! Drop us a line in the comments or contact our customer support! (https://www.doteasy.com/support/)
We have recently shared many different aspects of web design elements including colours, logos, website menu bar, fonts and typography, etc. Now that you have created a nice looking website. What’s next?
A great website should give visitors all the information they need about your business, products, services, or your portfolio. Also, it must be easy to navigate and properly laid out for search engines.
So, what pages do you need to include on your website?
1. Home – keep the navigation simple and the design clean so that new visitors can find what they are looking for as quickly as possible. Also, don’t waste time with a headline or splash intro that says nothing more than “Welcome”
2. About Us – the About Us section of your website helps give a face and personality to you and/or your business – it builds credibility.
3. Product and Services – For business website, if you offer multiple products and services, break it down into one page for each product or service. Not only does this make it easier for visitors to find the information they need, but it also allows you to target more keywords.
4. FAQ – Your visitors will have questions. Some of them will contact you with their questions, either via email or phone; but many won’t make the effort. A FAQ section allows you to give them more information they need. It can also keep you from having the respond to the same questions over and over again.
5. Contact – It is strongly recommended that your place your contact information on each page (ie. in the header, footer or sidebar). But it is also very important to have a main contact page, too. You want to make it easy for visitors to contact us, and you want to appear as professional and trustworthy.
6. Site Map – use this page to neatly outline your website, for both visitors and search engines.
Additional Good-To-Have Pages/Features (mainly for business websites)
1. Testimonials – Remember, new visitors to your website aren’t going to trust you right away. Testimonials give skeptical visitors and unbiased recommendation of your company.
2. Guarantee – If you offer a guarantee on your products or services, lay out the fine print of your guarantee on a separate page and in plain language so that your customers and potential customers can easily understand.
We know that for those with little HTML experience, building a website can be both a difficult and tedious task. To help solve this problem, Doteasy has web tools such as our Website Creator and Softaculous to help customers jumpstart their websites without going through any coding. These user-friendly and powerful tools can build a website in just a few clicks. To better demonstrate how quick and easy it is to build a website, we’ve stepped outside our studio to make this “inspired by a true story” video so you’ll know how to make good use of Softaculous in your daily life. Enjoy!
Every business needs a website. A real estate agent can publish the active properties listing online. A photographer can share his pictures to create a portfolio. A dental office can showcase their dental services and provide patients with detailed dental education. A scrapbooker can sell his hand-made pieces online.
But most of all, a business needs a website because its consumers are on the internet looking for services to serve their needs!
We know that not all businesses have the resources, including time and money, to invest on creating a website. That’s why we offer Softaculous, an app-store model that lets you browse through different web applications to install and help you build your website. Softaculous offers more than 250 web applications listed in 25 categories.
There must be at least one application that will suit your business needs!
The installation does not require any coding and scripting knowledge. All you need is to click the “install” button and fill out the credentials info. Your website will be LIVE instantly! But if you don’t like the application after the installation, simply hit the “remove” button and you’re done!
We’re here to help your business grow through your online presence. Therefore, to help you find the best web application you need, we’ve created a Script Library. We’ll explain to you what each web application is for, the installation steps, and the customization . Please stay tuned for more details. You may also subscribe to our YouTube video channels and “like” us on Facebook to receive more updates on our products and services. Or, simply contact us through our Live Chat support, telephone support, and Customer Support Ticket system. Our Customer Service and Technical Support agents will be happy to assist you.