Like Google Fonts API, Fonts.com Web Fonts, officially launched on September 14, 2010, lets you add fancy fonts to your website in just a few easy steps:
- Choose fonts
- Set selectors and assign fonts
- Save and publish
Fonts.com Web Fonts will then provide you with all the necessary codes that you’ll need to post to your website files.
Things we like about the Fonts.com Web Fonts:
1. It offers more than 7,000 fonts. Even on the free plan, you get more than 2,000 fonts. Check out their font library
2. It supports more than 40 languages, including Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Check out the list of supported languages
3. It is supported on all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari, Chrome and Opera. It also works on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices.
Things that we didn’t quite like about the Fonts.com Web Fonts:
1. Users on the free plan must display a Fonts.com Web Fonts badge on their website. This badge is served automatically to the website, so there is no way of manipulating its display. The only way to remove it is to upgrade to a paid plan. However, Fonts.com has waived the badge requirement until Jan 1, 2011.
2. Multiple fonts cannot be assigned to a single selector. Each style can only be assigned to a unique selector.
For more information about the Fonts.com Web Fonts, please visit their website at http://webfonts.fonts.com