Plus Addressing is a feature in your Doteasy SmartMail system that allows you to automatically filter your incoming email without creating content filtering rules first.
Assume your email address is email@example.com, and you want to sign up for a newsletter called ACME News. Furthermore, you want that newsletter to go to a folder in your webmail called “ACME“. With plus addressing emabled, all you have to do is sign up for the newsletter with the email address: you+ACME@yourdomain.com.
When the newsletter gets delivered to your email, it will automatically be placed in an ACME folder, which will be created automatically if it does not already exist. No additional steps are required. The whole process is automatic once you enabled the feature.
If you include the “/” characer in your plus address, you can automatically create sub-folders.
For example, your+Newsletter/ACME@yourdomain.com will create a folder called Newsletter and then create an ACME subfolder under it. Newsletters sent to this plus address will be dropped into this ACME subfolder.
To enable Plus Addressing:
- Login to your Doteasy SmartMail account using the Webmail Sign-In panel on our homepage, www.doteasy.com
- Click on Settings and select My Settings.
- Click on the Plus Addressing tab.
- Check the Enabled checkbox.
- Choose an Action to perfom when a plus addressed email comes in.
- Click Save.