A client recently emailed us about his new blog project – he wants to make his Doteasy Blog look like his Facebook page. The client has customized the appearance of his blog, and I must say, he did a pretty good job.
Once the appearance is set, the next step is to decorate the blog with widgets, or mini-applications.
For example, you can add a RSS news reader, an audio/video player, photo/image display, weather or map button, games, etc.
Check these out:
- Spring Widgets – gallery of widgets, including the new reader, games, etc.
- Widgipedia – gallery of widgets, including games and other fun widgets
- WidgetBox – gallery of widgets, including MyiTunes, YouTube, games and other fun widgets
- Google Gadgets – gallery of widgets, including Google Talk, Google Calendar, Weather, Google Docs, Google News, Picasa Web Photos, etc.
- RockYou – gallery of widgets, including Corkboard, ShoutOuts, Horoscope, Voicemail, games
- Twitter – Twitter badge
- GoodWidgets – a photo gallery widget
- Last.FM – a music player widget
- MyChingo – a voicemail widget
- BoxedUp – a gift/wishlist widget
And not to forget, you can also add your Doteasy Affiliate Banner to your blog sidebar to generate some extra affiliate credits.
So, yes, you can easily make your blog look like your Facebook page by adding widgets to the blog sidebar.
To add the widget to your blog sidebar, simple copy-and-paste the code in Add Custom Scriptsection under the Blog Sidebar tab.
For more information on how to add and arrange elements in your Doteasy blog sidebar, check out our online tutorial at: http://www.doteasyblog.com/tutorial.html#widgets